Business Visa :
As an applicant, you will be required to invest a prescribed financial capital contribution.To invest in or open a business in South Africa you will need to, along with Form BI-1738, submit a certificate issued by a chartered accountant registered with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants to the effect that you have:
- At least an amount in cash to be invested in the Republic as determined from time to time by the Minister, after consultation with the Minister of Trade and Industry or
- At least an amount in cash and a capital contribution as determined from time to time by the Minister, is available.
- An undertaking by the applicant that at least 60% of the total staff complement to be employed in the operations shall be South African Citizens or permanent residents, permanently employed in various positions.
- An undertaking to register with:
- The South African Revenue Service
- Unemployment Insurance Fund
- Compensation Fund for Occupational Injuries
- Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission, where legally required and
- Relevant professional body, board or council recognized by SAQA, where applicable.
- A police clearance certificate from each country where you resided since the age of 18 years, including the Republic of South Africa
A letter of recommendation from the Department of Trade and Industry regarding –
- the feasibility of the business
- and the contribution to the national interest of the Republic.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate if you have travelled or intend travelling through a yellow fever endemic area Medical and radiology reports
The capital requirements above may be reduced or waived in respect of the following types of industries/businesses:
- Information and Communication Technology
- Clothing and textile manufacturing
- Chemicals and bio-technology
- Agro-processing Metals and minerals refinement
- Automotive manufacturing
- Tourism Crafts
Business Visa applications made for existing businesses require the following documents (in addition to all those listed above) to be submitted with the temporary residence application form:
- Financial statements for the preceding financial year
- The contribution to the national interest of the Republic