Child student visa (Tier 4)
You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.
You must also:
- have a place on a course
- have the consent of your parent or guardian
- have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs
- be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
You must have:
- an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances
Documents you must provide:
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel documentation
- proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances
- proof of parental or other legal guardian consent
- proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
- your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
Apply for the Visa:
- You must apply online for a Tier 4 (Child) visa.
- You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
You’ll have to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you actually arrive at a later date).You may be able to get your visa faster or other services depending on what country you’re in - check with your visa application centre.